We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metals and their properties is essential.
Pay commensurate upon experience. Benefits include 401k, PTO, Health, vision, dental, and life insurance.
Appy in person at B-C Steel corp.
2535 10th St. Gering, NE
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc., and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as a welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in English
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus